What’s nice about this project?
- Simple, easy to understand and commented source code
- No unnecessary formatting of data using custom attributes. You simply specify what type of data is in each column and the library takes care of the rest.
- The header sort UI is updated alongside the sorting process
- Handles columns where each column div is wrapped in an HTML “A” link
- Handles date sorting with any type of separator such as “/” or “-” and one or two digit days/months
To get started simply include jDynamicSorter.js, jDynamicSorter.css and the /img folder into your existing JQuery + Twitter Bootstrap project. You may want to apply other CSS attributes to your table as seen in the example project base.css. Next create a row based table with the required class, data-type and data-desc attributes as shown in the example jDynamicSorter-Example.html.
Possible Future Enhancements
- Ability to have multiple tables on a single page
- Handle additional date formats
- Further simplify the code
View a live demo here.
Here is a screenshot: